Review mash-up: Tease by Sophie Jordan & Easy by Tammara Webber

by - 8:49 PM

Tease
Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: The Ivy Chronicles #2


Synopsis:
What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her?

A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules:

Never let them see the real you.
Never fall in love.
Always leave them begging for more.

Then Shaw comes along. A hottie from the wrong side of the tracks, he's immune to her flirtatious banter and come-hither smile. After rescuing her from a disastrous night at a biker bar, he doesn't even try to take her to bed—he calls her a tease and sends her home instead. Unable to resist a challenge, or forget the sexy, dark-eyed, bad-boy biker, she vows to bring him to his knees.

But instead of making Shaw beg, Emerson finds herself craving him. For the first time in her life, she's throwing out her rule book. Suddenly, she's the one panting for a guy she can't control—a guy who won't settle for anything less than the real Emerson and who forces her to do things she's never imagined, including facing a past she thought she'd buried.
 I like it but not the kind of like that I have so much emotions right now kind of feeling. Okay, there there. Never mind the rating because I myself am confuse of what I feel about the book. I love Foreplay. And that reason alone is enough for me to click the "Want to Read" button in all the books under this series. Even if you haven't read Foreplay which is the first installment, you can always jump into this.

I have to admit that I had a lukewarm relationship with the main characters here. Emmerson is a flirt and tease. She likes being in control and putting boys under her control. A horrible past made her recoil from relationship thus making her life in constant whirl of just hook ups and flirting then came Shaw. And I know you have an idea what happens next. It was a quick, steamy and compelling read. I admit that the angst and drama was totally a bummer for I didn't felt much affected. But the affection of Shaw towards Em is worth to stay glued in reading this. There was so much chemistry and ardent tension between them. The last thing I wanted to point out is, I hate cruel and negligent parents in books. This somehow affected my views. But all in all,  I thought it was okay and very engrossing. You can definitely read it in one sitting.

Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Series: Contour of the Hearts #1

Synopsis:
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy...

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior...

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth - and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.
It happens once in a while that a boy I rarely encounter in books makes me gush and turn into a mush. I am not fond of emo-ish type of guys or what I also call, hot emo guys, but it was EASY to like Lucas. (yes pun intended). He is multi-talented, genuine but too broken. There's poignancy in his character and it made my heart ache for him. But despite that, he didn't fail to be a swoon-worthy lover. Jaqueline posses a balance of both strength and frailness. It wasn't impossible to like her character, but I still felt ~out~ of it (never mind that haha). What I liked the most about her is she didn't switch gear fast, she went through downhill because of her break-up with her ex-boyfriend, and she got a hung of it which is very realistic compared to other break-up situation in other books.

There's the right combination of romance and angst in this book. The writing is brilliant and easy to get lost in. I just like how their pasts didn't bring much of futile drama. This book conveys great lessons about standing up for your rights, girls fighting back, hope, forgiveness and love.

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I laughed at "emo-ish type of guys," Lucas is kinda like that for me as well but one that's completely tolerable. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course :p He's like the leader of the emo guys legion that we can gush from time to time HAH

      Delete
  2. I also felt nothing for Tease. Sophie Jordan's Invited really impressed me so I was excited for Tease but there was nothing new about it. The story was so simple and the characters were all very annoying and did you notice that the guy only kisses her when they're arguing?! Great review!

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chyna :D Have to agree that this is like any other adult book out there :p

      Delete
  3. I've only read Firelight by Sophie Jordan, which was just a so-so read for me. My co-blogger enjoyed Invited, though. I'm not sure if I want to read The Ivy Chronicles... I'll have to think about that. :)

    Hahaha! I thought the exact opposite of what you did for Easy! I really didn't like it... In fact I ranted about it. :'( Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Awesome reviews, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Nominated you for the LIEBSTER AWARD! :)
    http://booksto-remember.blogspot.de/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    PS: You should read BREAKABLE too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy was one of my favorite New Adult books! I actually just picked up the companion book called Breakable. Hopefully it is good too because I love reading the guy's POV =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!