Me Want More: Kiss the Sky & Hothouse Flower by KB Ritchie
Daaaamn girl, these books were feverishly awesome, beautiful, poignant and heart-rending. I read Addicted To You last year and thought it was really moving. Addiction is a very deep and heavy topic to tackle, but KB Ritchie wrote a beautiful story out of it.
Now we have a spin-off called Calloway Sisters. It has 4 books, but so far only two are published. Kiss the Sky is the story of Rose Calloway and Connor Cobalt while Hothouse Flower is Daisy Calloway and Ryke Meadows's story. But all three Calloway sisters and their lovers are present on every book. That's the beauty of these series by KB Ritchie. They never neglect the other characters and they make it a point that though they are integral characters, they play a very important part in every book. I'll mix my review over the two books in one since both made me drown in a puddle of feels. I lost the ability to write a comprehensive review so I am sorry in advance :D.
WHAT I THOUGHT:
WHAT I THOUGHT:
- Made me cry like hell yes
- Fucked my feelings all over
- Authentic, deep, emotional, honest, raw, flawed and on point characters and plot.
- It was a surreal and bizarre experience getting into Rose's head.
- Me want some Richard Connor Cobalt.
- Ryke and Daisy are so cute and adorable.
- The Calloway girls made me want to weep because SISTER LOVE IS OVERFLOWING <3
- Rose and Connor sexy times
- Rose and Connor's "weird" relationship. "Normal is boring" as they say.
- A dysfunctional, fucked up family that I LOVE!
- Comical, unfiltered and entertaining banters (NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!!)
- LO AND ROSE'S VERBAL FIGHT (!!!! NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME)
- Important: Finding what/who really makes them happy and free. I sobbed everytime!!!
- All characters learned out the end on overcoming fears, inhibitions, nightmares and insecurity. They became STRONGER AND DETRMINED.
- SCOTT CAN GO TO HELL I WOULDNT CARE
- SCOTT IS THE 10th CIRCLE OF HELL
“You’re not a pit stop. You’re my finish line. There’s no one after you.”
- Kiss the Sky
"You are your own anchor, Ryke. When you fail, you hurt yourself more than anyone else."
- Hothouse Flower
So thaaat's basically what these books made me feel and what I thought about it. KB Ritchie is like the salvation of the NA genre. It was a book of deep, brutal honesty of life and shits that come with it. And the characters? A BIG HEART!
Have you read these books? What are your thoughts? Do you plan to read them? Share, share, share! If you haven't read Addicted series and Calloway series. . .. then you should. Dead serious! Naaah, it's your choice. But, really, you should read KB Ritchie's amazeballs books and I am not that pushy, am I? :D