Review: Beautiful Bastard

by - 9:30 PM

Beautiful Bastard
Author: Christina Lauren
Published Date: Feb 12, 2013
Genre: Erotica
Rating: ★

Synopsis:
An ambitious intern. A perfectionist executive. And a whole lot of name calling.

Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Chloe Mills has only one problem: her boss, Bennett Ryan. He's exacting, blunt, inconsiderate--and completely irresistible. A Beautiful Bastard.

Bennett has returned to Chicago from France to take a vital role in his family's massive media business. He never expected that the assistant who'd been helping him from abroad was the gorgeous, innocently provocative--completely infuriating--creature he now has to see every day. Despite the rumors, he's never been one for a workplace hookup. But Chloe's so tempting he's willing to bend the rules--or outright smash them--if it means he can have her. All over the office.

As their appetites for one another increase to a breaking point, Bennett and Chloe must decide exactly what they're willing to lose in order to win each other.

Originally only available online as The Office by tby789--and garnering over 2 million reads on fanfiction sites--Beautiful Bastard has been extensively updated for re-release.

      

HOW ABSURD.
This is what the hype and my curiosity bring to my life. Ugh. This was a fanfiction before it was released this year. I should really stay away from erotica books. I can't even feel a single emotion except for the their blazing and ardent hormones kicking in every page. 

What a piece of... Okay, in this book:

Unlimited angry sex
Chloe saying Benett is an asshole / bastard 
Chloe can't resist Benett
Benett going goo over Chloe
Benett constant smirks
"best sex of my life"
Sex
Sex
Sex
Sex
and a whole lot of sex....

That is how I can summarize the book. Chloe and Benetts's relationship was an utter mess from the start 'til the end. They fight, she slap, he chase, they fuck, they fight, they shout, they keep distance, they can't resist, they go back fucking. The drama was simply impotent.

Another thing that bothered me so much was the ripping of Chloe's underwear and Benett keeping them. What a creeper. I totally made a lot of gag reaction whenever I read those parts where Benett will place her undies in his pocket. So many things bothered me. Actually the whole book bothered me.

I was hoping that there'll be character development and story unraveling, that's why I kept turning the pages, but sometimes I skim through the chapters because all I read are the things listed above. The ending might have made my lips quirked, but that's it.

If you love erotic books, then book must have satisfy you, but if you're looking for substance, this book might bring you down.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!