Review: World After (Penryn and the Days #2) by Susan Ee (aka me gushing over the book)

by - 2:03 AM

World After (Penryn and the Days #2)
Author: Susan Ee
Pages: 314
Genre: YA, fantasy, thriller, paranormal, angels

Synopsis:
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?





This book really is a combination of amazing and breathtaking. IN SHORT.....Fucking fantastic.
I don't know how to write a coherent review, but let me try. Really try.
 photo nowords_zps2342737a.gif
Let me start raving about how Susan Ee delivers a well-written book with ample action, romantic tension, gore and kick-assness from both Penryn and Raffe.

When I finally start reading the book:
middle part of the book:
about ending of the book:
100% of the book:

So those gifs pretty mirrors my reactions all through out the book. ISN'T IT FUCKING AMAZING WHEN A BOOK MAKES YOU INCOHERENT LIKE WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AND WRITE I CANNOT THINK PROPERLY

I so love Penryn. Even in Angelfall I already knew that she'll be one of the best heroine in the YA world. She is the kick to the ass. Like literally! She isn't the annoying wimpy and slut-shaming character. She's just simply brave, resilient, and determined to protect and save her family. She's independent, but also has her moments of weakness and impotence. Oh wait did I just say impotence? Yes, but she trained her damn ass just to learn some skill in fighting, and she was able to pull her big panties! She deserves the YA heroine award, I freaking swear.
Raffe will always be the inconclusive character with such intense gaze that I actually feel it beyond the pages. And his humor? MAN I AM A GONER. Like how can a hot angel with bat wings and such powerful aura be so naturally witty? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. And why were you gone for so long you little fucker?
francisco lachowski hot guy gif
isn't francisco lachowski damn hot and perfect as Raffe HOLY COW
I can't even explain my feelings when they met again! Like THERE GOES MY OTP. I am such a goner for the both of them especially when they are together. The tension between them is just one of the things that will make you stick your nose on the book and stall your breathing for a minute or two. What I wanted them to do in this book? KISS KISS KISS. It didn't happen and I was devastated, but then I understand. They don't need intimacy, they just need to be together like VERY close to each other while their talking do all the work. And did I mention how infectious their chemistry is? Like if they're thrown into a mob of people and they just meet and stare at each other and exchange witty banters BAM PERFECT ALREADY with oozing chemistry diffusing in the air. And ofcourse, their banters will always be phenomenal and mouth-quirking as always.
“Let go,” I say into his ear.Raffe holds me tighter like there’s no room for discussion.
The plot was a tad better than Angelfall. I thought that it was more of a detailed story of the after-apocalypse world. There's a progress on the story and I really appreciated it. And there's so much death and blood and chunks of flesh *gags* Susan Ee knows how to write a vivid world and scenes (which both scares and amazes me). The theories regarding the angels taking over the world also amazes me. DeeDum as well make a good role in this book. My heart breaks for Paige SHE DOESNT DESERVE THAT KIND OF INHUMANE CHANGE. And Penryn's mom, OH FREAK WHAT A GENIUS.........CRAZY.

I like the idea of Penryn's dreams and training. It is a necessity to the events and especially to Penryn. I think my favorite scene is the part where she was persuading and scaring pooki bear to show her the scene where raffe and she kissed. OH GOD SHE'S SUCH A GIRL I LOVE HER.
POOKY BEAR



Addicting....Unputdownable.... Simply amazing. A transcending read for a second book! It vouches the idea of "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the gifs and the feels. :) I will need to check these books out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!