Review: Anna Dressed in Blood

by - 11:08 PM

Anna Dressed in Blood
Author: Kendare Blake
Publish Date: 2011
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, ghosts
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:
Cas Lowood, armed with his late father's athame knife, kills ghosts. In Thunder Bay, Anna, forever 16, drips blood on her white dress from throat slit in 1958, and rips apart anyone who enters her house - except Cas. He makes new friends - high school queen Carmel, jock Will, admiring nerd Thomas and Tom's voodoo grandpa Morfran - to fight this demon.




Review:
It was an exciting, cute, fun and adventure filled read. I've read a couple of ghost meets human story but this one was different and refreshing. The world of Cas and Anna was definitely different and unique, but somehow complicated. The first three chapters sort of confused me, maybe because Cas bombarded me with his past, present and future thoughts, but as pages unfolded i found my self hooked and drawn to the story. I was expecting so much from this book because of the hype surfacing around and I'm proud to say that this book didn't disappoint me, it even exceeded my expectation. One thing that kind of made me flinch was the perplexity of the terms used in this book. Some terms and words(people) weren't cleared out and gave proper introduction, so the mention of those made me wince of discomfort. But overall, it was a very very good book.

The characters has their own demeanor that one will definitely love. They were all witty, funny, clever and just fabulous. I loved Cas' humor, I found myself laughing at his retorts and witty remarks and dialogues. Anna's character touched me, and I will never wish to be on her shoes. She had a pitiful and ghastly past and it made me sad.Anna's killer was unexpected!!!! Didn't see that coming!!! Anna and Cas relationship was not the easy one but it was fluffy and heart-fluttering..

EVERYTIME CAS CALLS ANNA "MY" OH MY GOD IM LIKE:



MY DEAD GIRLMY ANNA, ANNA DRESSED IN BLOODMY BEAUTIFUL STUPID GIRL
 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!