Review: Hex Hall

by - 10:23 PM

Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publish Date: 2010
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.
Review:
I was  contemplating whether to give this a 4 or 5 star. Well, to be honest this is really a good book and I can't help but to compare my reading experiences with Shadow Falls series to my experience reading Hex Hall. They have a lot in common and contrast and it made me love both!!

This is a refreshing start for a trilogy and I admit that I really love witty and not-so-annoying-girl-main-characters. Rachel really knows how to define humor and witty retorts cause Sophie is a great of example to it.

It starts with Sophie casting a love spell over Felicia who happened to not appreciate it and totally freaked out. So, Sophie was sent to Hecate School where she met a lot of witches, faeries, shapeshifters and ghosts (if you can call Alice a ghost meh)

It is simply amazing that I got hooked reading it within just number of pages. And it made my heart race because of Archer. *swoons* I wish Cal has more scenes here because I have this love for him too *squeals*

Alice is the creepiest thing that happened here. I was like "Oh my god" then "Shit got real" then "poof sophie is a demon" SAY WHATTTT. I didn't saw that coming. And it hurt me when she and Archer were engaged into a sizzling hot make out session but then the EYE tattoo ruined it all URGH *laughs*

Well, above all, this is a very cool book with definitely cool main characters that readers will definitely love.

Thrill. Magic. Revelations. Creepiness. Romance. Wittiness.
This book has it all!!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!