Review: Apollyon

Apollyon
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Publish Date: 2013
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, mythology
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Review:
“Wait. Is this book about aliens?”
She snatched it back from me. “Yes.”
“Really?”
“But they’re hot aliens.” She tapped on the guy’s face with one thin finger. “And he can be my ET any day.”

A moment of silence for the indirect cameo of Daemon Black. 
I WANT TO CRY WHY IS SENTINEL STILL SO FAR AWAY
The 4th installment in the Covenant Series kicked me on the guts. Call me ignorant, but I really didn't have a clue on to who is this God helping Lucian and Seth. The vague hints were no use. I still didn't see things coming. I also had no clue on to what Apollo and the other Gods were up to. To cut this short, the book is unexpected.

Let's kick it off by saying, I FREAKING love all the characters here (well except Lucian and (ares). The characters are now more mature and gatsby. Their indomitable will to stop the massive death of both Hematoi(pure & halfs) and mortals is commendable. Alex, she will always be the kick-ass heroin I will always love. Like cmon, she's still cool, feisty and funny even when she's under the cord's control. She's bound to be pretty feisty and aggressive especially with the cord humming and voices controlling, but whenever she calls Seth, "my Seth", I want to gag. Don't get me wrong, ever since this series started my heart was always on Seth. Do you feel my pain? 

Aiden St. Delphi. Oh gods. I'm in awe because of him. He's the perfect YA boyfriend. Alex and Aiden's relationship is overwhelming. Two words: TRUE LOVE
I heard him whisper, "Eíste pánta mou..."

You are my everything.



Just when I thought Deity was a total bomb in the series, Apollyon prove itself and become a nuclear bomb. All hell, broke loose. So many action and fighting scenes, so many discoveries, so many twists, A DEATH, a "wow" meeting with a Peresphone and Solaris, a reality slash dream meeting with Seth, the expected but still unexpected appearance of a God, THE CLIFFHANGER END and the BROKEN CONNECTION BETWEEN SETH. I'm sure I pretty summarized 75% of the book. The other 25% can be summarized as "THE FUNNY BANTERS OF THE CHARACTERS". I love the secondary characters so much. They bring hue to the whole story.

LOVE TRIANGLE? It's an agony to stomach that on the other end, Seth loves Alex. He loves Alex just like how Aiden loves Alex. And I love Seth just like how Alex loves Aiden. LOL. Seth wants acceptance and love, and he believes Lucian and Alex can fill those empty spots in his life. When (view spoiler) was torturing Alex, Alex felt Seth's rage, that's because he truly loves her. I don't know what made the connection snapped off. Is it because Alex wants to die? Too many raw emotions going on inside Alex? Or is it because Seth feels like he needed to the right thing - change fate and separate himself from Alex, his destiny, just to stop the pain from killing her? I WANT TO CRY


I still can't believe in a few months this series will end. I just want all the best for them except for the ruthless God and Lucian. I still have hope for everyone. Hope, it is.Jennifer Armentrout, you did it again

Overall:

No comments:

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!

Enthralling Reads | 2015. Powered by Blogger.