Review: The Last Battle

by - 9:32 PM

The Last Battle
Author: CS. Lewis
Published: first published (1956) re-published (2005)
Genre: fantasy, children's book
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:
Many Narnian years have passed since Eustace and Jill helped ensure the Royal line. But when they are jerked back violently into this strangest of lands they find the present King in danger and Narnia facing its darkest hour. With Eustace and Jill at his side, the King, the noble unicorn Jewel and a few remaining loyal subjects must stand fast against the powers of evil and darkness and fight the Last Battle to decide the future of this once glorious kingdom.
Review:
“And as He spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”

I was sorry for the crappy previous review. I felt the need to write a very decent review for one my of favorite books of all time.

CS Lewis is like my first ever favorite author. I grew up reading this series and watched as every books turned into a movie. It just disappointed me how they didn't start the movie adaptation with "Magician's Nephew" because that was the start of the whole Narnia world. Anyway, let's talk about how flawless this book was.

The Last battle is the last installment for The Chronicles of Narnia. As we all know, Narnia is the place where creatures that we thought doesn't exist exists. And if your favorite celebrity, band, group haven't visited your country or town, you'll definitely tell others that your country is a Narnia. LOL.

I loved everything about this book. Sheer perfection brought to us by Lewis. The Narnia on the last 6 books was now tainted, destroyed and war/evil spread like a wildfire. I hated how the middle books somehow rattled and lie-lowed but this book was a great halt to a wonderful series. 

The characters was well-woven with great courage and bravery. I loved how Jill's and Eustace's adventure rolled into words. I really want to jump inside their world and join them fight evil crafts, chaos and everything. I love their wittiness, playfulness, and over all well-being. They were actually one of the main reasons why i loved this book. They will always hold a special place in my childhood along the Pevensie siblings, Aslan.

If I could just somehow edit the ending, I will change Susan's belief. I felt really really sad for her. How will she live her life everyday knowing that all her family members died and now was brought to the REAL NARNIA. I had glassy eyes reading the last few pages where The Pevensie family minus Susan, plus Jill&Eustace, Aslan and the other Narnians who still believed on Aslan continued to live peacefully in the REAL NARNIA. The Real Narnia I am talking about is the world within the Old Narnia. If the old narnia was the world within our (human) world, then the real narnia was the re-born, untainted, pure narnia. You can't believe it right? Well, I, myself didn't believe it at first but then the narration turned on my belief and I was back adoring the Real Narnia.

Favorite line ever:
“The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning.”

Indeed it was a magical world after all. I miss this series. I miss the characters. I miss Narnia. I miss CS Lewis' writings. I miss my childhood.




You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!