Review: Deity

by - 11:00 PM

Deity
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Publish Date: 2012
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, mythology
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate.

Review:
Sometimes you have to know when to let hope go.
OH GOOD GODS WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED

I think a decent review will really come after I read sentinel....or never. This book got me on the hooks!!! Jennifer never disappoints her reader. Her writing style wasn't complex, the readers will easily devour her books. It was a very fun and exciting read. I never got bored, there was always more than what meets the eye in this book. The adrenaline in every action scene was chair-grabbing. I loved the intense surge of the fight scenes and physical assaults (not the perv one). I have to hold on in every page because if I miss a word I'll sure miss a lot. Yeah, that's how freaking awesome this is.

The protagonists and secondary were now well-woven and developed into a more mature, more gutsy and fierce, but still witty and hilarious characters. The romance............WELL LET'S JUST SAY I SWAM IN MY PADDLE OF TEARS BECAUSE OF AIDEN YEAH YEAH YEAH OH GODS HE WAS THE ULTIMATE BOOK BOYFRIEND HERE. I really really feel bad about Seth. He was like my favorite character and all but then Lucian made him a dog kissing his father's evil ass. Sorry, I never had good terms with metaphor. LOL. MARCUS!!! OH GODS I really love him in this book. I was really touched with the things he did and will do for Alex's safety. On the other hand, the Order or whatsoever evil group craft led by Telly AND the appearance of the FREAKING GODSSSSSSS were a fuel to the blazing fire. Woah. The revelations and more prophetic belief was utterly amazing and unpredictable. So many inquiries will rise and all.

I love Apollo. He brought laughter in this book. I love his ungodly attitude like he's just freaking teenage mortal lurking back and forth from Olympus and Earth. I really like this whole Greek God myth and the siblings' familial thing. I want to read something about Zeus like will he come down??????
“I know what's happened," Apollo said after a few seconds.

My brows furrowed. "What are you talking about?" He nodded at the board.

My gaze dropped to the game and I nearly passed out. He'd spelled SEX and AIDEN with those stupid little squares.”
The funny parts... I swear inspite of the difficulties and challenges, the book especially the characters remained comical and humorous. 
"Whoa," I heard Deacon murmur. "This is like watching a chick give birth or something."

"Oh my gods, I'm going to kill him." I could feel the beads of blood breaking out under my jeans. "I'm going to punch him-"

"Everyone leave," Aiden ground out. "This isn't a godsdamn show."

"And I think he's like the father," Luke said.

Aiden rose to his feet. "Get. Out."

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!