Review: The Lost Soul

by - 10:07 PM

The Lost Soul
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Publish Date: 2012
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:
Spin-off of the Fallen Star Series.My name is Gemma Lucas and my life is good. Alex and I eliminated the star, along with Stephan and the Death Walkers. Finally I can relax and focus on freeing my father from the Room of Forbidden.At least that’s what I thought. But things are never this easy.Just when I’ve put the past behind me, Lost Souls cross over into the Real World. Then Alex disappears without a trace. As I desperately search for him, I discover secrets I wish I could forget—secrets Alex has been keeping for me. And I’m not sure what to do. Or who I can trust.




Review:
HOLY CRAP

Ok there, that's the number one thing that I said after I closed the book. Let me say it again, Holy crap

Jessica Sorensen has the ability to hypnotize her readers. I just can't bring this down!! And bringing this down was like an agony and pain aching through my soul. I maybe exaggerating a bit, but I, myself, is a living proof that Jessica Sorensen is a phenomenal writer.

The Lost Soul is the 1st book in The Fallen Star Series spin-off. In this book A LOT of new secrets and mysteries were unraveled. Gemma discovered more of her family relations, like Nalani. She discovered that she is another species (i mean another magical kind). There was so many things going on inside this book that I have to gape faster at the events and revelations.

There was this new adventure wherein it wasn't very easy for the characters to pass through. A powerful Queen in the Afterlife was going after them, as in all of them. At first, I thought it would be Anabella, but as pages unfolded it was Helena. The powers that the queens hold of is too powerful making big twists and turns in the story. This book was different compared to the Fallen Star Series.
“I’ve been waiting for one of you for a very long time.” A wicked grin curves on her face and she dashes forward, stopping inches from my face.

“Have you ever wondered why death and faeries seem to go together? You have Helena, Queen of The Lost Souls. Annabella, Queen of Essences. And then there’s me, Lucinda, Queen of The Underworld.”

I stagger backward. “Are you saying that you’re all related?”

“We’re sisters.” Her grin broadens like a true villain. “And just like all siblings, we have our quarrels."

I didn't see this coming... Hold it, I didn't see everything coming. Information overload, situation lose control. That was a very very brief summary of this book. The story line was smooth and wasn't crammed though I have to say the book was jam packed with events. Jessica's writing style has wormed inside me that I almost memorized the possible words and dialogues she might put, but then again she always blow things in a surprise and I'm left on the edge of the cliff wanting to jump out of frustration. I hope I'm not appearing vague, but the author really overwhelmed me with this book. I was awestruck.

The characters were surprisingly amazing. I mean despite the spells and possess stuffs thrown onto them they still managed to get a hold of their attitudes. I loved them all, and reading about their struggles made my heart ached in sympathy. I loved Gemma, though she had this "i saved the world, i can save everyone" mantra going in her mind, but still I loved her rationality and courage to the extreme hazardous stuffs for the people she loves. Alex irked me on the first part but then I understood where he was coming from. Aislin was the coolest wicca ever. She might do a lot of crappy spells but still she managed to be the coolest wicca ever. Okay, I said it. Coolest witch ever. Nicholas, I pitied him. I knew from the start that he has a thing for Gemma and he's doing everything to help her with her dilemmas. I felt sorry for him especially that his life wasn't the easiest to live in. Laylen.... Oh dear Laylen what will I ever do to you. You are the sweetest bestfriend ever.
“There are punishments that are worse, like losing your power in a world full of death. Every day I sit here, never knowing if I’ll be okay. Never knowing what waits for me around the corner.”
“Welcome to reality. We’ve been here for a while,” Laylen says and pats the table. She shoots him a glare and he shrinks back. “Sorry.”

This book broke my heart a million times, shattered my feelings a billion times and made my heart flutter and at the same time ache a trillion times. That's how this book made an impact on me. NOT TO MENTION THE LOVE RECTANGLE SURFACING AROUND THIS SERIES. It was very enthralling and appalling that I couldn't ask for more. 

I catch my breath and sit at the edge of the fountain. “So what was—is the three Queens rivalry about?”

He joins me at the fountain and swirls the water with his fingertips. “Love.”

My jaw drops as I stutter for words. “H-huh?”

“What? You thought it was going to be something petty like power or world domination.” He laughs half-heartedly. “Not this time, Gemma. Nope, this time it’s about something deeper.”

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!