Review: The Summoning

by - 10:39 PM

The Summoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publish Date: 2009
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:
After years of frequent moves following her mother’s death, Chloe Saunders’s life is finally settling down. She is attending art school, pursuing her dreams of becoming a director, making friends, and meeting boys. Her biggest concern is that she’s not developing as fast as her friends are. But when puberty does hit, it brings more than hormone surges. Chloe starts seeing ghosts–everywhere, demanding her attention. After she suffers a breakdown, her devoted aunt Lauren gets her into a highly recommended group home. 
At first, Lyle House seems a pretty okay place, except for Chloe’s small problem of fearing she might be facing a lifetime of mental illness. But as she gradually gets to know the other kids at the home–charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek, obnoxious Tori, and Rae, who has a “thing” for fire–Chloe begins to realize that there is something that binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual “problem kid” behaviour. And together they discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home either…

Review:
It started off with a creepy prologue and till the last punctuation, it was still creepy.

Holy hell, I don't know what's creepier, seeing/summoning ghosts or being trap inside a school with psycho teachers and nurses. 

This book was fast paced, readers can read it in one sitting because of the minimal pages it has, yet it took me three days to finish this because of distractions. Believe me I was hooked with this from the first few pages I had read, but my kpop feels kept haunting me.

So Chloe doesn't believe she's seeing ghost, well infact she is really seeing ghosts. She chose to block the thought from her mind and kept considering that she just has mental disease. But that eases off when Derek came into the picture. And the rest was history.

First of all, I love Chloe because of the practicality in her attitude. She has this 'i watched too much movies but none of them can really cope up with reality" attitude. Yep, she's smart and adorably innocent. (and her stuttering is cute)

Creepy points of the story? The whole story and characters!! Literally all of them even Chloe. I was a bit disappointed when there was only an itsy-bitsy pinch of romance (i don't know it's even a romantic gesture and scene) But nonetheless, I enjoyed the book that I have to stop reading in the middle of the night because of the silence lingering in my room.. Not to mention I was on the really creepy part of the story. 

I DONT WANT LOVE TRIANGLES. PLEASE I BEG NOT LOVE TRIANGLES. IM FINE WITH GHOST MEDDLING ROMANTIC STUFFS BUT NOT LOVE TRIANGLES PLEASE.. Oh and did I mention how much I like Simon coughs

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!