Review: Tangled

by - 11:34 PM

Tangled
Author: Emma Chase
Publish Date: 2013
Genre: NA, contemporary, romance
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? 

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. 

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? 

Can Drew Evans win at love? 

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.


Review:
“My mother always told me, “Anyone worth doing, is worth doing well.” Okay, she didn’t actually say those exact words, but you get the picture.”

Now I know where's the hype coming from!! Tangled is a very very fun and steamy read. The characters are all too adorable and hilarious especially the dearest narrator, Andrew Evans. For crying at loud, he is the ultimate show here. His comical and humorous narration gives all the hue to the story.
“Newsflash, ladies: We can’t read your thoughts. And frankly, I’m not entirely sure I’d want to. The female mind is a scary place to be.”

I felt like I was inside an AVR listening to an invisible speaker, and guess what the talk is about? WHAT GOES AROUND INSIDE A BOY'S MIND. But dude, the thins inside a guy's head is utterly scary - terrifying. I really like how creative, funny, comical, poetic, naughty, snide and swoon-worthy his character is. Drew Evans is a sure catch. 

I SWEAR I WANT TO QUOTE EVERYTHING!!!!!!! EVERY FRIGGING THING. 
“Well, then we’re a perfect fit, ’cause you’re a first-class bitch most of the time.”
Fire dances in her eyes as she raises her half-filled glass.
“Don’t you fucking dare. You throw that drink at me, I’m not responsible for what I do after.”
I’ll give you a minute to guess what she does...

I love Kate and her adamant character. She's intelligent and wise, but vulnerable and fragile. She is no one night stand kind of girl She settles for what the heart beats more than what the hormones rage. And she's also funny and a good dirty talker. I really imagine her as Miranda Kerr or Amanda Seyfried. Yup. Please prepare for A LOT of dirty and witty banters among ALL THE CHARACTERS. AS IN ALL. Even the secondary characters such as, Alexandra "The Bitch", her lovely OPEN-MINDED daughter, Steven, Matthew, Jack, Delora, Erin and etc. You will love them all. I swear.

AND ONE LAST THING BEFORE I'LL END THIS CRAPPY OH-SO-CALLED-REVIEW
THE NOTEBOOK. YUP THE NOTEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!! I love that movie and when Drew used that one scene from The Notebook, I think I want to jump off a friggin cliff. I love how they met, how they do stuffs (yeah u know exactly what I'm talking about), how they fight and all the angst, how they make up (which isnt the easiest BUT all worth it) and how they have a HEA. 

Congrats Emma Chase for a catchy debut novel!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!