Review: The Battle of the Labyrinth

by - 11:20 PM

The Battle of the Labyrinth
Author: Rick Riordan
Publish Date: 2013
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, mythology
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

Review:
I need more Percy-Poseiodon-Tyson moment cries
I'm just curious of the title. (pls dont mind my illogical questions) Why is it titled, "The Battle of the Labyrinth" when the battle happened in Half-Camp Blood (okay I know thats so stupid of me to ask I need to omit myself from Earth bye)

Welcome to another thrilling adventure with Percy Jackson and his gang. I have to admit that it took me a while to finish this book because of my effin' college demands. That's the sad part, but on the other hand, the thing is, this book didn't disappoint me. Not at all. It was fast paced with enough action and adventure plus romance, reconciliation and acceptance. I loved how the quest was lead by Annabeth, she finally had her beyonce moment. I loved how the involvement of Rachel Dare added hue to the story. I loved how Tyson and Groover became cool friends. I loved Pan and his relevance. I loved how Percabeths kiss happened. I loved how the birthday party turned out to be a Poseidon-Percy moment. I loved how the prophecy mindfucked me. I love everything. Can I say more?

Percy is Percy. Annabeth is Annabeth. Tyson is Tyson. Kronos is Kronos. The gods are gods. Since The lightning Thief to this book, their characters were consistent that the character development wasn't much recognized and that's another reason why I loved it more. The characters were naturally flawed and imperfectly perfect. They are just fitting at their roled no need to ask for development. They weren't frustrating, unlike any other protagonists. (except percabeth's relationship GAHHH I WANT MORE) 

The scene that sent shivers on me was [when Percy opened Kronos' tomb. JEEZ. Luke. Baby Luke. My Baby Luke. SOBS A RIVER . He's my fave antagonist, I both loved and abhor him. Maybe the love overshadows the abhor part.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!