Review: Sea of Monsters

by - 11:15 PM

Sea of Monsters
Author: RickRiordan
Publish Date: 2006
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, mythology
Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis:
The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.


Review:
This series already crawled up to my fave series list. The world of the demigods is just utterly cool and I'm still in awe. 

In Sea of Monsters, we get to aboard on a 'not really their quest but who cares' adventure of Percy, Anabeth and my fave character for this book, Tyson. There were a lot of new characters, momsters, Greek.creatures that were introduced here. It was a bit confusing gaping at those all at once but I still find it dazing. The character development went well as well as the relationship development between the characters like, PercaBeth, TysonPercy, ClaPercy(im lame). I love Tyson. I really really really love his adorbs character an his innocent yet very loyal demeanor. He's so cute!! (though he is a cyclops who cares). Lol Hermes, is an adorbs god too. I liked how casual and cool he was. Thantalus is that character I will never ever like. He is an asshole for 101% of the book. 

On the other hand, I'll be honest to admit that I was a bit craving for the Lightning Thief kind of action/adventure. The Sea of Monters was a sure thrilling ride but I cant help comparing the plot progress to the first book. The latter parts of the stories felt a bit rushed. I'm sorry, it's just I feel the book became anti-climatic :(

BUT STILL IT WAS AWESOME!!!! and the letter Poseidon wrote for Percy was.....

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!