Review: Chosen at Nightfall

by - 11:36 PM

Chosen at Nightfall
Author: CC Hunter
Publish Date: 2013
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:

Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.


Review:
Hunter doesnt like to leave her characters brokenhearted and empty that's why I know she made a way for Derek to be happy with a new *special someone*

I'm a big ball of mess upon reading the last pages. I can't believe it ended... Shadow Falls series ended already....

I'm so not over yet this book, I'm very thrilled that I had the chance to read such amazing creation of an amazing author. *cries*

The characters are well described and they portrayed reality. I love how Perry and Miranda ended up together; Helen and Jonathan, well......for Della and Steven let's just wait for their own book *winks*

As of Kylie, well she's very brave. She irked me on the first three books but I started to love her genuine and pure heart. She will do anythign to save the people she love even if it takes her precious life

She is a very special girl with special gifts. She's a chameleon, a very rare yet wonderful kind of supernatural. Thank goodness she finally know what she is and what she is capable doing. She is brave, beautiful, loving and pure.

Now I know people are in the "I'm torn between two oozing hot men" And congrats to me cause on the third book I already know who she'll end up. *yay for me*

Derek, I really loved him ever since Kylie described him as a cute blondie and the only one normal in that bus. I really love how patient he was with Kylie but he's right, he would've had her if he didn't mess up a bit (but I'm not blaming him okay). He is so lovely that I really want him for Kylie (and Lucas for me). He was always the willing friend to help any supernatural in need. He was brave and courageous enough to admit that you are inlove with Kylie even if there's 95% chance that her feelings wont change towards Lucas. I'm glad you found the one that will be with you for the rest of your life, to love you completely, to love you with all her heart and to love you with all her life.

Don't even get em started with Lucas.......

Ok so I give up I really need to write something about him anyway...

Lucas, he was the creepy blu-eyed wolf that always gaze at Kylie. And to add more entertainment he is also a childhood friend. He is awe-inspiring in every way. I admit I kinda abhor him for keeping that arranged marriage but hey, because of that marriage there was an angst and additional conflict on the life of Kylie and it made the whole series exciting. I'm glad that he ended up with his one and only true soulmate. I want you to know, lucas, that you are also the one I rooted for #TeamLucas (i know that this team-team thingy is absurd but i dont really mind) He fought for his life and he opened the window towards a very wonderful end. He sacrificed well-enough for his everything, his life, his one and only soulmate. I'm captivated by your sexiness and charm (very tempting.. right, Kylie?)

For Holiday and Brunette, I'm very delighted with what you two end up. You deserve each other. And for the Junior, I hope he/she is as genuine, lovely, helpful, pure and not (always) scowling, protective (but not overprotective like your Daddy kidding)

The antagonist...erm okay you guys go in hell cause you are all a pain in the ass. But I can't believe Mario was defeated just like that. Anyways, you Jonh bastard, I'm always skeptical about you eversince!! You has this bad aura and it irks me damn much.

I love how this series roll to an end, though I wish for more pages. I will never get enough of this series. I love this series, this book. It made me laugh, scowl, hurt, smile and ugh/sigh. I'm always in a whirlpool of emotion. My heart is swelling from feels, blissful feels.

And the ghost, Lucinda is my fave ghost ever!!!
And oh! oh! my fave parts are those sword practices of Kylie and Lucas WAAAAH SQUEALS!!!!! "I love you" OMFFFFFFFFF

PS: I highly recommend this series!!
Read this in one sitting and I can truly say "it was worth it" 

This series will always be in my heart ;__; Kudos C.C Hunter for a wonderful book, for a wonderful series.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!