Review: The Lightning Thief

by - 11:14 PM

The Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Publish Date: 2006
Genre: YA, paranormal, fantasy, supernatural, mythology
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

Review:
I can't believe I waited years to finally start this series. To be very honest, when I bought the whole set last 2011, I was very excited and eager to read but IDK WHAT HAPPENED DELAYED. DELAYED. DELAYED. Anyway, I'm so glad I read it at the right time (well sort of).

Greek Mythology is my fave of all mythology, while Egyptian comes second. The Lightning Thief lived out to my expectation. I found myself drawn and engrossed on the story to the point I cant bring it down. I felt the same thrilling feeling I had when I read the Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia). This book is nothing but pure adventure and twists I can't gape all out once but definitely enjoyed. It is a blissful ride for me too. I feel like I'm the 4th person included in Percy's quest. 

Rick Riordan created a new world within ours. The creation of Demi-gods and Camp Half-blood. The whole novel is well-written, well-plotted and well-narrated by the protagonist, Percy. The characters are very powerful, terribly fantastic, cool and indomitable. I want to hug them all!! I have this favorite character and that is Mr. D. YUP. The God of festivals, wine and fest. I just love how cruel and bland he is but his natural humor made me guffaw. Not even kidding.
"Also, I should tell you that we have a new camper today. Peter Johnson"
Chiron murmured something.
"Er, Percy Jackson"
 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!