Review: The Underworld

by - 10:02 PM

The Underworld
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Publish Date: 2011
Genre: YA, fantasy, paranormal
Rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:
Gemma thought her mind was gone, but she was wrong. And now she is left trying to figure out the truth to what Stephan is planning to do with her and the star, before it's too late. But finding out the truth is hard, especially since Gemma doesn't know who she can trust. There may be only one person who Gemma can turn to for answers, but that means having to go to the one place no one wants to go-The Underworld.




Review:
DEFINITELY THIS IS BETTER THAN THE FALLEN STAR!!!!

This was a very good continuation over a very cliffhanger end of the first book. I'm simply enthralled to the story I can't put it down. Each page felt like a puzzle being solve and secrets finally unfold. It's unbelievably awesome. I always doubt the second book of a series, (I really had a sort of trauma with second books) but this is a cure, a medicine to that second-book-nonexistent-trauma. 

The story now is on its extreme like all hell broke loose. It's very intense that I have to catch up my breathe everytime a new secret is discovered. I just need to hold on to my chair and stop myself from falling. That's how this book worked on me. Everything is magic. Everything is paranormal. Everything is well-woven. The characters are now a little mature to be rational side eyes GEMMA. I love how things progressed and developed little by little. I love how the devil real plans of Stephan has now exposed to Aislin & Alex as well as to Laylen and Gemma. I just pity Laylen and his misfortune in life. Man, the tragedy is heartbreaking. Now that they know the reason why she is a blank, he is a blank, he is also a blank... *grins*

Jessica Sorensen, you are officially on my fave-authors-list. Thank you for the frustration you gave me with your twoo books. Now I'm off to the third book I don't know if I can still maintain this little sanity left on me.

Alex and Gemma. Well atleast everything made sense to Gemma now. The scar. The bond. *SWOON* I kept on squealing cause Alex is maybe a little stubborn but his stubbornness and protectiveness toward Gemma. I just love his affection towards Gemma, I just want to melt.
“You remember the word we said when we pressed our hands together, right?"

I nodded. Forem. But what does it mean?"

"Forever,” he said his breath shaky. "It means we're bonded together forever.”
This is now one of my fave series!! I'm so excited for the last book and the spin-off. *SQUIRMS* Sorry let's not forget the CLIFFHANGER ending again. It's like the author is born with must-end-this-book-with-a-friggin-deadly-cliffhanger genes. YUP.

And let's not forget the cover. It's violet again. Violet. Violet. Okay, cause reasons I know.
I'm a paranormal junkie and to those like me, I think you should try this series
.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comment! ♡ Happy reading to everyone!